Central Michigan University has chosen three local Real Estate Agencies to assist candidates and newly hired CMU employees with their relocation needs. The three agencies are:
- Paul Bigard Real Estate, LLC
600 East Broadway, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Tel: (800) 448-0886 ; (989) 773-8899
Fax: (989) 773-9299
- Coldwell Banker/Mt. Pleasant Realty
304 East Broadway, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Tel: (800) 319-2456
Fax: (989) 773-2197
- Century 21 Bowerman/Peake Realty, Inc
911 East Pickard, Suite C, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858
Tel: (800) 459-7392 ; (989) 772-9449
Fax: (989) 773-0075
The use of these agencies is recommended but not mandatory.
These Realtors have agreed to provide the following optional services to CMU candidates and newly hired employees. You may
initiate contact with one or more of the agencies listed above at your convenience. These services include:
- Assist candidate with travel and hotel arrangements, if needed.
- Greet candidate upon arrival in Mt. Pleasant and schedule initial orientation tour date and time.
- Provide tour of CMU campus, local points of interest, such as schools, hospital, library, etc. and offer to arrange appointments with other service professionals such as mortgage representatives, local school official or health care providers.
- Provide a relocation packet to include documents relating to CMU and local businesses.
- Assist with home selling process and arrangements for move of household goods.
- Assist with temporary housing search, if needed.
- Further identify new faulty/staff member’s needs and wants in housing. Show homes for sale or rental homes, as appropriate.
- Schedule meeting with a mortgage company and other local service professionals, as requested.
- Assist with securing interim financing, if necessary.
- Represent the new faculty/staff member on all home offer negotiations.
- Handle all follow-up upon contract acceptance such as mortgage title and inspection procedures.
- Assist with moving of household goods. Advise new faculty/staff regarding utility transfers, change of address procedures and offer assistance with any desired repairs of new home prior to occupancy.
The attached questionnaire is provided for your convenience. Please forward to the agency or agencies of your choosing to assist with your relocation needs. ( Click here for Relocation Questionnaire )
We want your feedback. Please fill out the attached evaluation form when you have completed your move to help us ensure you are receiving the best possible service. ( Click here for Evaluation Form )