|The following definitions
apply to these policies.|
- PRINTED MATERIALS: Written, non-commercial
communications including leaflets, handbills, literature,
signs, cloth signs or posters.
- DISTRIBUTION: The practice of hand delivering or
passing out PRINTED MATERIALS, including leafleting or
- DEMONSTRATING: The practice of patrolling, marching,
walking, standing or sitting, usually with placards or other
signs, to publicize a point of view.
- RELATED FIRST AMENDMENT ACTIVITY: The practice of
(1) asking an individual to sign a petition or registration,
or (2) asking an individual to support or oppose an issue or
support or oppose a candidate for office, or (3) asking an
individual to register to vote.
- AMPLIFIED SOUND: Sound which has been amplified by
electronic means, or otherwise, including public address
equipment, sound vehicles and amplified musical
- TEMPORARY STRUCTURES: Sandwich Board signs and any
temporary facility (e.g. tent, hut, shanty, stage, table,
vehicle) which have not been approved by a faculty or staff
member or the designated representative of a University
sponsored class or event in conjunction with that
University sponsored class or event. No TEMPORARY
STRUCTURES may be greater than 100 square feet or taller
than 8 feet high.
- REGISTERED STUDENT ORGANIZATION: Those student
organizations registered with the Office of Student Life.